Thursday, February 24, 2011

American Idol: against my better judgment

So, in spite of the atrocity of last night's episode, I am succumbing to the pressure and watching to see the final top 24.

Ryan is telling us how upset Jenny from the Block was about cutting Chris Medina for no good reason whatsoever. Here's my thought, the judges still have control of this whole shindig right? She does realize that no one held a gun to their heads and MADE them cut Chris Medina for no good reason whatsoever? So irritating. Anyway, I'll try to get over it enough to finish this episode.

Jenny from the Block can't stop crying. And we're rehashing last nights ridiculous elimination. They keep saying that his singing was inconsistent. When? When was it inconsistent? I heard him consistently sing better than the majority of these people.

Anyway, Karen Rodriguez is up. I like her. She sang a Selena song for her "last chance" song. It was pretty. I predict yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut her and put a tone deaf rabbit in the top 24 at this point. She's in. The tone deaf rabbit will have to wait. I've lost track of how many spots are left. I like her.

Robbie Rosen is up. He's the one that supposedly could not walk, but there are no pictures of it. Just sayin'. I don't really care for him. I predict no. Which probably means he's in. He sang the most boring song I've ever heard for his "last chance" song. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......ENOUGH!!!! Good gravy! He left it all out there. Good, so there's nothing left for you to spew all over the real stage. Steven tells him he's so good right out of the box. He's through. See? There is a good chance that tone deaf rabbit will make it in.

Tatynisa is up. This chick forgot her words in Hwood week. Why is she still here? She lost the words for "I Hope You Dance." I hope she stops being on American Idol. She sings flat, she misses words, she's just not good. Jenny from the Block tells her she can't have a bad day. I have a terrible feeling about this. Oh. My. Hay. She's in. How is that legal? Simon Cowell would have kicked her out after one shot missing lyrics. Heck, Paula Abdul would have kicked her out after one shot missing lyrics. That is bologna.

Brittney Mazour and Jimmy Allen are not in. Never heard them, but they're probably better than Tatynisa.

Tim Halperin. I enjoyed him recently during Hollywood week. And during Vegas. And he plays piano. I would love for him to make it. Good! He's in! I enjoy him.

Julie Zorrilla. I really like her alot. She wears fluffy skirts a lot, now that I'm seeing all the footage of her. I predict yes. I'm correct. Ok. That's promising. Whoa. She should not jump in that skirt. Little bit of a show going on there. And not a good show. Ha! She tried to pick Ryan up and almost fell over.

K...that's predictable. John Wayne Schulz and Scott McReery are going head to head. Lame sauce. Quite honestly, neither of them should make it as far as singing goes. But they're both sweet. Scotty is singing "The Long Black Train." It's really good. But then he ruins it with "Watch out Idol for that loong black traaain." Here he goes. The walk. Turns out, I've been spelling his name wrong this whole time. Scott McCreery. See? He admits that he was mean to Jacee. That he was not the man he should have been. Take that stupid Clint. HE'S IN!!!!!!!!!!!! I am fine with that decision.

John Wayne Schulz is out. Bummer-tude.

Jovany Baretto is up. He's the one that I always think is the other one. I always think he's Stefano. Oh, he's the ab guy. So he's probably in. Because dumb girls will vote for him. He's just a'ight for me for you. But he's in. Because dumb girls will vote for him.

12 spots left.

Lauren Turner. I recently noticed her, and I like her. I predict no, though. Because that's how it's been going. Wait. She's in?! That's awesome!!!!!!! :D One of her people passed out. It was a fake. That was a really good fake passing out. Yipes. Awkward turtle.

Tiwon Strong is out. He was still in? Cool! But bummer that he's out because he was on my list. Tiwon looks like Lebron, so he should be ok.

Erin Kelley is also out.

Rachel Zevita is up. She's like Siobhan. Ryan is hitting on her Grandma. No lie. Wow, her "last chance" song was awesome. I liked it. I predict yes. She's in. Yay! Aww...her little Granny is so happy!!!!

10 spots left.

Kendra Chantelle is up. I do not enjoy her. At all. She sings with her hands like she's going to try to fly away. It's lame. She also walks like a robot. She's in. Dumb.

Jordan Dorsey is up. Oh, I hope they ream him. Oh Mylanta, he is so 100% arrogant. What a jerk! He's in. Why do they put these nasty, terrible people in and get rid of perfectly innocent people like Chris Medina? It's RIDICULOUS I tell you. Ridiculous.

Lauren Alaina is up. She looks like a ballerina. They nearly gave her (and me) a coronary. She's in.

Stefano Langone is up. I predict yes. I'm right. Good.

Jackie Wilson is up. Ouch. She forgot her words on her "last chance" song. Lame. Although, Tatynisa got in after doing that twice so...we'll see if the same random "logic" works with her too. Nope. No logic. Wow. She asked why. Go girl.

Jacob Lusk is up. He's the one that oversings. Randy tells him that his performance of "God Bless the Child" is the single best performance on Idol ever. Wow. Not sure I'd take it that far (see David Cook singing "Billy Jean"), but Randy does tend to over exaggerate. Which is an over exaggeration. So Jacob's in and he screams like a lady. For a long while.

Pia Toscano. I don't remember ever seeing her. Before last night. She's good. She's BFFs with Karen Rodriguez (K-Rod) who is in the top 24. So I'm guessing she's in too. Yep. Huzzah!

Yipes. There's only 1 spot left for the girls.

James Durbin (Asperger's?) is up. I really don't enjoy him at all. Ryan, this is what distinct means. Please stop referring to him as distinct. He's in. I will be fast forwarding everything he sings. I'm almost 100% certain. I dealt with Lamebert when he was on, I don't have to deal with Durbin too.

Casey Abrams (Idyllwild) is up. If he does not make it through, I may have to stop watching altogether. Or I may have an aneurysm. Randy Yo Dawg tells him they've never had a more talented musician on the show. So, he should be in, right? Right. He's in. American Idol has lived to see another day of me being happy.

Thia Megia is up. I don't know how I feel about her. She kind of annoys me. I don't particularly, oh ouch, that note was flat. I don't particularly like her. Jessica something has auditioned 7 times. I've never seen her. Jessica Cunningham. I like her. She is literally 10 years older than Thia. I pick Jessica over Thia. Jessica is out. On her birthday, no less. That stinks. Thia is in. That's lame. I will not be voting for her.

OH heavens. There are 3 boys left and one spot left. Jacee Badeau, Brett Lowenstern, and....someone else.

Jacee sang the world's saddest song for his "last chance" song. It was about being gone too soon.

I think Brett may actually be a girl. He wears glasses to hold up his hair. Like normal glasses, not sunglasses. Why? He sang some original song about holding his own hand in the mirror. It was not good.

Colton Dixon is good. I like him.

Brett is in. Over Jacee and Colton. I didn't really think Jacee would make it. But Colton DEFINITELY should have made it over Brett.

Jenny from the Block is hugging Jacee a little bit too long. Awkward turtle.

Brett is trying to be motivational. Colton thinks it's funny. Which is funny.

So here we are. The top 24. I've marked the ones that were on my list originally with 1 *. The ones that I think will be in the final 12 have 2 **.

Brett Lowenstern**
Jovany Baretto**
Jacob Lusk**
Paul McDonald
Stupid Clint**
Robbie Rosen
Stefano Langone*
Stupid Jordan
Weird James**
Casey Abrams**
Scotty McCreery
(Tim Halperin) I didn't remember actually seeing him in the line-up. But he did make it. Strange.


Naima Adedapo*
Julie Zorrilla**
Karen Rodriguez**
Lauren Turner
Kendra Chantelle
Ashthon Jones
Rachel Zevita**
Haley Reinhardt
Thia Megia**
Lauren Alaina***
Pia Toscano**
Horrible Tatynisa

Next week: the three days of AI begin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment