Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hollywood Week #3: The Solo Round

Here we go. Everyone is full of hope and thinks they'll be awesome.

Oh! Most outstanding performances of the 10 year history of Idol! Wow! No one has ever declared that before!

Hayley Reinhardt: I did not like her because she reminded me of Hayley Vaughn. She's singing "God Bless the Child." I can actually say that I enjoy this performance. She may be ok. Still reminds me of Hayley Vaughn.

Ashthon Jones: She was added to my list yesterday. She's singing that song J. Hudson sings in Dreamgirls. Can't remember the name. But it's amazing. I love her a lot.

Thia Megia: I find her annoying. She's singing "A Wonderful World." I do not enjoy this song. I associate it with sad memories. Odd, I know. But I don't enjoy her either. So there you go. She's also wearing a kindergarten sweater.

Dude. Montage of people who insist on blaming the band for their ineptitude. That's right, ineptitude. Good gravy people, those are legitimate professional musicians you have working with you. Give it up.

Clint "Jun" Gamboa (who annoys me) is singing "Georgia on my Mind." Correction, he's screaming it. He has HP glasses. He does not deserve to wear HP glasses. I don't enjoy him. But everyone else does. I don't enjoy him because he was mean to Jacee Dugard. I don't think you should be allowed to be mean to Jacee Dugard.

Steven Tyler is emoting at the table while watching pretty girls sing.

There's a girl named Sophia that I had never seen before who is amazing. I like her.

Chris Medina is singing Bobbi Brown's "My Prerogative." Oh no. Not the Andrew Garcia curse. Please don't sing your swan song now. Carson Higgins is singing the same song. I like both of these people. They are both on my list.

I enjoy both of their performances of this song. Chris is less than thrilled with his performance. Oh no.

Julie Varilla: Playing piano and singing "Love Song." It's a'ight.

Caleb Hawley: Playing guitar and singing a song I don't know. It's ok.

Colton Dixon: Playing piano and singing "What About Now." It's annoying. Nasally.

Brett Lowenstern: Playing guitar and whining. I don't enjoy him.

Robbie Rosen: Playing piano and singing a song that I'm pretty sure a girl sings. He has a nice voice so I'll let it go.

Casey Abrams is going to play the stand-up bass. I love him so so so much. He's singing "Georgia on My Mind." It's fantastic. I seriously love him. I would vote for him now if I could. He's 110% on my list.

Casey is comforting Chelsee (Rob's ex). Wait, Jacqueline is sick? Is she dropping out? SHE IS!!!!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Chelsee declares that Jacqueline is her best friend in the whole world. Really? You met her what, a week ago? That's insane. Chelsee sang "Because of You" by Miss Clarkson. It was meh.

Lauren Alaina is up. She's singing "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing." It's amazing. Winner.

Jacob Lusk is singing "God Bless the Child." Where has he been this whole time?! His voice is like butter. He's scatting. He has a crazy range. The judges are having a moment. Holy cow. That was phenomenal. Dude and For Real.

John Wayne Schulz. I'm glad he's still here, I hadn't seen him since his original audition. He's playing guitar and singing I think a Miranda Lambert song. I like him. He reminds me of Trace Adkins.

Ashley Sullivan is freaking out. Surprise. She's singing "Everything" by Michael Buble. She misses the words. Not once. But twice. Uh-oh. She tried to sing the song she sings to her boyfriend. Oops.

Stefano Langone is on my list. I enjoy him.

Jovany Barreto is singing partially in Spanish. Get out.

Jacee Dugard is singing "Time of My Life." Which I think is Carrie Underwood. But it's awesome.

Scotty McReary is going to sing "I Hope You Dance" and he hysterically messes up the lyrics. Poor Scotty. I don't know, though, he kind of lost me when he was mean to Jacee Dugard too. You can't be mean to Jacee Dugard and stay on my good side, yo. Some other girl is also butchering this song. First of all, that song is not great.

Solo auditions are over. Now we wait.

They are split into 4 rooms. Some things don't change.

Room 1 has Ashley Sullivan, Brett Lowenstern, and Jacee Badeau in it. Caleb Hawley is in here too. So is Lauren Alaina, Chris Medina, Robbie Rosen, James Durbin, Casey Abrams. Obviously, they're all in.

Room 2 can hear Room 1 and they are freaking out.

Room 3 has Mark Gutierrez and Chelsee in it.

Room 2 is out. Bummer.

Mark Gutierrez and Chelsee are out. I'm glad to see Chelsee go. But not stoked that Mark Gutierrez is gone. Buh-mer.

Room 4 has Thia Megia, Naima Adedapo, that Lauren girl I love, Julie Zarilla, Carson Higgins,Scotty McReary, a bunch of people from my list, are in.

Hooray!

Next week: Final Auditions. Something about Beatles. My DVR cut off. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment