Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beatlemania/The Atrocity

I missed that crazy twist at the end of the episode last week. Apparently everyone is going to Vegas to sing a Beatles song in a group or something. Seems unnecessary. But whatevs.

We have 61 contestants and need to whittle down to 24. Yipes.

We're going to Vegas. Sad for them. Vegas is just not appealing to me AT ALL.

If I were a drinker (I'm not), I would start a drinking game where every time a contestant says "make it or break it," I took a drink. I guess I could still do it. I don't have to drink alcohol...

Thia Megia and Melinda Ademi are being berated by someone named Peggi Blu because they are reading their lyrics. She called them kids and everything. I heart her.

Lauren Alaina and Scott McReery and some other girl are in a group. Lauren's freaking out. Don't freak out Lauren. You're my golden child.

Peggi Blu should be a judge! She should have replaced Simon Cowell. She told Thia and Melinda that they were going to die on stage. I triple heart her.

Apparently, some of the contestants don't know the Beatles. I think that should be a prereq for being on AI. Must know Beatles. Ashthon Jones (on my list) has never heard a Beatles song. Apparently, she lives in a cave with no access to the television, because don't they have an iPod commercial featuring the Beatles? Yeah, thought so.

Jimmy Iovine (pronounced eye-veen) worked with John Lennon and the kiddies have to sing for him.

Lauren A., Denise, and Scott are singing for the producer peeps. The producers tell them to sing a different song.

Okay ladies and gentlemen, I have now seen 2 separate people that could have easily replaced Simon Cowell. Jimmy Iovine makes slashing motions across his throat when the kiddies are terrible.

For some reason, the contestants get to go see Beatles "Love" while in Vegas. Shouldn't they, like, keep practicing? Ok, I WOULD like to see this show.

NIGEL! Nigel Lythgoe! So You Think You Can Dance?

Steven Tyler lives in Beatleland. Does he mean England?

Stefano (on the list) and James Durbin (Aspergers?) singing "Get Back." Stefano is good. James is screaming unnecessarily (see Adam Lamebert). Steven Tyler: "I don't think I've heard two higher voices together like that. Me: "Well, you and whoever's in Aerosmith." I know it's Joe Perry. I just don't know that he sings. Please confirm, all you non-readers who refuse to read or comment. Steven Tyler: "James you went up into the squeak, that's insane." James: "Thanks" Me: "Uh, no, that's not really a compliment." Randy: "Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo...timid...you got it."

Pia Toscano and Karen Rodriguez are BFFs. They even went to High School together. Aww. They are singing together. "Can't Buy Me Love"- I don't remember Pia at all. I enjoy them both. Nice harmonies. Jenny from the block- "You get it. I feel that you get it." Steven Tyler- "I thought you picked the wrong key, but then you ran off into the field. It was very nice." I promise that's what he said.

Jacob Lusk, Haley Reinhart, and Naima Adedapo are next. Jimmy told them not to oversing yesterday. They're singing "The Long and Winding Road." Haley has an awesome range. Naima has a nice tone. Jacob is the one that sang that crazy emotional song last week. He's the oversinger. It was a'ight for me for you. They had a strange hand motion at the end. Jenny from the block: "Very, very nice." Steven Tyler: "It was stupendous." They all really loved it.

Rachel Zevita's group sang "All the Lonely People" She reminds me of a girl I went to college with. But I don't think she's ever had a rolling backpack in her life.

The Other Lauren (on the list) and the one that I always think is Stefano but is not are singing "Let it Be." The 2 seconds I heard of it I loved.

Tim Halperin (who?) and Julie Zorrilla (on the list) are both playing piano and singing "Something." I enjoyed those 3 seconds as well.

Terra-Nova= Jurassic Park + LOST. No thanks.

Jerome Bell, Lakeisha Lewis, Tatynisa Wilson are singing "I Saw Her Standing There." It's fun. Jerome Bell is the Bar Mitzvah singer. I'd never seen Lakeisha or Tatynisa before in my life. But I like both of their voices. Interesting. Randy: "Yo, you all three can definitely sing. Jerome you were ok, it wasn't amazing for me from you." SO CLOSE!!!!!!! Jenny from the block: "Lakeisha you're holding back. Tatynisa it wasn't your best thing today." Steven Tyler: "Wow is that what you have to say? I thought you nailed it." They're confused.

Paul McDonald and Kendra Chantelle. Who are these people???? They're singing "Blackbird." That was annoying. Kendra sang the first verse in a totally different key than Paul sang the second verse in. And she has very annoying emoting happening. I enjoy Paul's voice. I do not enjoy Kendra's anything. The judges loved both of them.


Montage of lots of groups. Jun (the mean one) was yelling. Ashthon managed to find a song to sing. John Wayne Schultz was the "dot on the domino" singing a song that my cousin thought was about being friends but is actually about drugs. Aren't a lot of the Beatle's songs about drugs?

Speaking of drugs, Steven Tyler is clapping with one hand...

Ashley Sullivan (the crazy chick) is shopping. For her wedding. She's literally getting married. She loves Britney Spears and is getting married in the same chapel as her. That doesn't seem doomed at all. Ok. This is dumb. Get back to singing.

Thia and Melinda are up. The ones that are going to die on stage. Hooray! Well, they didn't die. But they were not good. Peggi Blu: "Good Lord." Complete with a holding of her head. Randy: "Yo, yo. Melinda, it started a little shaky but got better. Thia you found a way to keep your phrasing intact." Jenny from the block: "It was cute." Steven Tyler: "Melinda you were behind on your phrasing and Thia you were just alright for me." They're both out. I hope.

Ashley and Sophia are going to sing "We Can Work it Out." It was a little train-wrecky. It was a little cool. But more train-wrecky. They're both on my list. All three judges were not pleased. Ashley thinks if they had stayed closer to the Beables they would have been better. Yep. Definitely should have stayed closer to the Beables. Whoever they are.

Lauren, Denise, and Scotty are singing "Hello, Goodbye" or whatever it's called. I really really liked it. Scotty was so cute! Lauren and Denise were ok. The judges found them funny, but not good. Hmph.

Carson Higgins and Caleb Hawley did a crazy performance.

Chris Medina and Casey Abrams did an awesome performance of "A Hard Day's Night."

Aaron Sanders, Robbie Rosen, and Jordan Dorsey (the other mean one), are singing "Got to Get You into My Life." I'm not sure how I feel about this arrangement. They kind of changed it too much. It was fine the way it was, k? K. Also I hate Jordan Dorsey.
Randy Yo Dawg: "Wow, I was impressed. The harmonies were rough, you worked it out."
Jenny from the block: "Jordan we have high expectations of you. Because you're tall."
Steven Tyler: "Fantastic." Clapping.

Performances are over. So are we going to get the 24 now? I don't understand.

Thia, Scotty, Jordan Dorsey, Ashthon Jones, Robbie Rosen, Lauren Alaina. They're all through. I literally stopped breathing just now. That's 7 out of 24.

The WH intern, Carson Higgins, Caleb Hawley, Sophia, Melinda, Denise, Ashley Sullivan are out.

Everyone else is still in for the next round.

Here is the list of people that I chose from the beginning that are either still in, or not accounted for. It does not mean I necessarily LIKE these people, but I think they'll stay in to the live show.
Devyn Rush
Jacee Badeau
Scott Dangerfield
Chris Medina
Matt Dillard
Lauren Alaina
John Wayne Schulz
Casey Abrams
Stefano Langone
James Durbin
Ashthon Jones*
Naima Adedapo *

We're heading to L.A. now presumably to get the top 24. * = they made it.

Naima Adedapo (not on the list). She's wearing a crazy old lady dress. Prediction? She's in. I'm correct. She's in. 23 spots left.

Hollie Cavanagh. The crying one that sang Miley Cyrus. My prediction: No. I'm correct. Jenny from the Block is apologizing. She needs to stop that. Hollie's crying. :(

Lakeishha is out. Someone named Alex is out.

Clint "Jun" Gamboa is up. I hope he's out. He's a jerk. Which of course means he'll make it. Randy Yo Dawg calls him out for the Jacee thing. Clint tries to backpedal and claim that he's not jerk. I don't buy it. Unfortunately, the judges did. Stupid Clint is in. 22 spots left.

Haley Reinhart is up. She almost made my list. I think she'll make it. She's in. 21 spots left.

DeAndre Brackensick has crazee hair. My prediction is no. He has Kenny G hair. He's out.

Paul McDonald is up. I had never seen him before. At least I don't remember him off-hand. I enjoy his voice. My prediction is yes. I'm correct. Again. 20 spots left.

Ashthon Jones is up. She's on the list. My prediction is yes, obviously. She's in. 19 spots left.

K. There's 10 minutes left on the recording at 19 spots left. I'm guessing it continues tomorrow. Lame sauce.

Chris Medina. He'd better go through. My prediction is yes. Jenny from the block is beating around the bush. He's not through. This show is ridiculous. You have got to be kidding me. That stupid "Jun" kid is through, and this guy doesn't get through. They are out of their minds. This is the second year in a row they have made a huge huge huge huge huge huge huge mistake. Last year, was Angela Martin and now Chris Medina. That was the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Jenny from the Block is really upset. Even Ryan thinks it's stupid. That guy is going to go farther than whoever wins this show. Mark. My. Words. I am seriously livid.

1 comment:

  1. Who's the one from Idyllwild? I don't watch, but I'm rooting for him.

    ReplyDelete