Friday, February 11, 2011

Hollywood Week #1: Finally

Randy Yo Dawg tells us (as he does every year) that Season 10 is the hottest season yet.

Evidently we have 2x the amount of contestants. That's what happens when you put everyone through because they beg you to.

Everyone is very excited to be there.

Jenny from the Block says they're going to separate men from boys and women from girls.

Randy Yo Dawg says they need to bring it hard or forget about it.

Steven Tyler hopes they did their homework.

This is what I hate. Even though I religiously watched all of the auditions, I still have no idea who some of these people are!

It's the same as every year. Sudden death first round.

Brett Loewenstern is 16 and he's about to pass out. He was bullied. He made it in New Orleans, he's singing "Let It Be." I don't remember loving him this much. I just checked my N.O. blog and no, I did not enjoy him. I found him "flat" and "rather annoying." Hwood has served him well. The rest of the line sings and we're waiting to hear how he does. Brett and someone named Symphony are in. Wait, that girl who's boyfriend looks like her Dad is out? Jackie Wilson. Huh. It appears that she is out. Lame. I liked her.

Ok, so I just compiled a list of the people who I liked in the auditions that I think will make it through Hollywood week. I'm a nerd, right?

Back to Brett Loewenstern, he's letting the bullies know he's over them.

Rachel Zevita the opera singer from season 6 is through. I like her a lot better now.

Thia Megia sings "Summertime" and I still find her annoying. She's through.

Casey Abrams (on my list of favs), is an easy yes.

Here comes Victoria Huggins. The one who said "yo dawg" to Randy. Awkward. She tried to get the room to clap with her. And they did not. With the exception of her Mom and family member unidentified. Victoria is out! Wow! One less annoying person to see on the show.

Paris Tassin has the baby with hearing loss. She's singing "My Heart Will Go On." I love her. I really do. She has to make it.

James Durbin the kid with Tourette's/Asperger's. I have no idea what he just sang. I don't like him. I'm sorry.

Lauren Alaina is in this line. Yep, she's still amazing.

Stormy the beauty queen is in this line. She's bombing.

James, Lauren, Paris have all been pulled to the front. And they're all through. YAY! Except for James.

And also, Stormy is out. Hallelujah.

Chris Medina is up. If he does not get through, there is no hope for American Idol. He's in. There's still hope.

Jacee Badeaux is singing "God Bless the Broken Road" I love this kid.

Robbie Rosen is ok. I have no idea what he's singing.

Hollie Cavanagh is the girl who freaked out and cried at her audition in TX. She got in by singing "The Climb." She improved, but I still don't enjoy her.

Jacee, Robbie, and Hollie are all in. Jacee is on my list.

Steve Beghun sings "I Just Haven't Met You Yet." I love him. I called him the Taylor Hicks of this season. WHAT? He's out. LAME. SAUCE.

Sarah Sellers is out. Jacqueline Dupree is out. Heidi Khzam is out. Oh good! The girl who thought Seacrest was cute is out.

Day 2 of Hollywood Week.

People are forgetting lyrics and squeaking notes like crazy.

The awkward ex-dating couple (Rob and Chelsee) is auditioning. And they are rooming with the respective people from the creepy lovebirds (Nick and Jacqueline) from TX.

Rob is singing "I'm so lonesome I could cry." I enjoy him.

Chelsee is singing some other song. I don't enjoy her as much.

They're both in.

Nick is singing a weird song about shoes. He's lame.

Jacqueline is singing an unidentified song. She was ok.

Nick is in the front. Jacqueline is in the back. Back line is in. Nick is out. He's arguing. Jacqueline walked away. I think she's secretly happy that he's not staying. He turns around during his walk of shame and sings the last part of his song. Randy still says no.

Scott McReery, the kid with the deep voice, is singing. He's singing the same song. Possibly a mistake.

Ok, now they're showing Jackie Wilson. I'm so confused. She repeated her song too.

Jerome Bell (the Bar Mitzvah guy) also repeats his audition song. I think that should be a rule. No repeating the same song you auditioned with initially. How will we know you can sing anything else?

All three are in. So ignore me saying that Jackie is not in. I hallucinated, evidently.

Oh no. Tiffany Rios is singing. I called her Sniffany because she was the Snooki wannabe. She told the judges she's tired of watching people try to do what she knows she can do. Oh no she didn't. She sings some song about her love and a ring and she squats down and sings. It was actually not horrible.

Next up is Travis Orlando (on my list). He's singing Maroon 5. He's having trouble. Oh, honey.

Travis is out. Sniffany is in.

Poor Travis.

10 of the people on my list are through to the next round. Just sayin'. The others have yet to be shown so I could be doing better than I thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment