Thursday, April 12, 2012

Songs of this Decade...so songs of the last 2 years

Tommy Hilfiger can't seem to leave the contestants alone about how they dress. He's very concerned about it. I find him annoying.

The theme this week is songs from this "decade" which I think is ridiculous. This "decade" is 2010-now. That's not that long ago. I'll be counting how many people try to sing Adele or Lady Gaga.

Skylar lives in Brandon, Mississippi and her Grandpaw misses her. She wants to sing a Kellie Pickler song. Jimmy Iovine and Akon loved it. So I'm excited. Skylar also plays the guitar so she may play guitar. Jimmy tells her not to if it holds her back. She decided it did not hold her back. That was really good. She is officially a contender, I tell you. Randy Yo Dawg: "Yo. Dude. In your package, when you went home, I love those three little kids. This is the kind of music you should do. I felt you for the first time in a long time. So Skylar returns home to be this great country artist that she could be. It was almost picture perfect." Jenny from the Block: "It sounded like it was in perfect pitch. Felt you right from your soul." Steven Tyler: "When you sing a song it's a complete sentence. The crows may crow but the hens deliver the goods." Me: "Steven- crows and hens are not related. I think you mean roosters."

Colton lives in Murfreesboro, TN. He's going to sing "Love the Way You Lie." Did not expect that. Jimmy says it's between him and Phillip. Colton doesn't like to be compared to Phillip. Me: "There is no comparison, Colton. None at all." Jimmy actually meant Colton needs to pass Phillip up, which is not likely to happen. He's playing piano. This is pretty. But I just do not see the obsession with him, his voice, or anything about him. His voice is nasally and off-putting. I do enjoy the violinist with the Afro, though. Jenny from the Block: "You always surprise me with your approach to the notes, you do it in your way. It's so signature to you." Me: "It's so signature to all lead singers of all rock bands that are popular today, too. Something cannot be signature and sound like everyone else." Steven Tyler: "I love that jacket.You're a rare talent. You could have recorded that and let it go out to people. I also know that Colton hasn't found his top yet." Randy Yo Dawg: "Yo. That jacket is crazy, me and Steven would have bought that jacket together. Jimmy and Akon were right, I loved the subtle performance. It showed sensitivity."

Oh good. Duets again. Elise and Phillip are doing a duet again. They are singing "Someone I Used to Know." I like this song. Their voices are awesome together. I loved that. Steven Tyler: "I love that song. You sang it." Jenny from the Block: "That really worked. There was a bit of an imbalance. There's chemistry there." Randy Yo Dawg: "Gotye, could job." Namedrop: 1 Ryan asks, "Do you like each other? Like, like each other? Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" No. They are just friends. Stop being 5, Ryan.

Jessica Sanchez lives in Chula Vista. I've been there! The Padres root for her. What?! She's singing "Stuttering" by Jasmine Sullivan. Who? Color me surprised, because I thought for sure she would do Adele. There's still hope though, Hollie could be stupid enough to try it. Akon thinks Jessica will win and has thought that since top 13. This song is strange. And she is rocking back and forth like a crazy girl. Oh, Bebica. She almost fell off that piano. Randy Yo Dawg: "A lot of people probably don't know I loved your arrangement cause I know "Stuttering" Jasmine Sullivan, but it was kind of an "As We Lay" Shirley Murdoch arrangement. You set the bar really high. That was superb." Namedrop: 3 Jenny from the Block: "That was really beautiful. You started digging." Steven Tyler: "Every time I hear you sing, I forget where I am. You're wearing Jennifer's shoes." Randy: "She killed a whale." Was it a killer whale?? I do not like killer whales. I have an irrational fear of them. At least I know it's irrational, right?

Joshua Ledet is wearing a pink shirt. He just turned 20. He lives in Westlake, LA. He's singing "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars. That was awesome. The judges are on their feet. That was just enjoyable and delightful. I love him. Steven Tyler: “You sell a song like a work of art. It’s cause your voice is so good. Get that girl’s number that was dancing behind you.” Jenny from the Block: “This is exactly what I was talking about, you just have so much control, you are a performer.” Randy Yo Dawg: “This was an unbelievable performance again from you. You’ve got the look. You’re in the zone. Ryan. He’s got to have it.” Uh. Josh’s Dad looks like my Uncle but with slightly different skin tone.
Skylar is lost. Oops.
Skylar and Colton are not dating. Quit asking them. They are however, singing a love song together. “Don’t You Wanna Stay” and Skylar is cleaning the floor with Colton. Which is appropriate, since he kind of looks like a broom. Her voice is awesome. Steven Tyler: “You just made love singing to each other, so it don’t much matter now, anyway.” Jenny from the Block: “The harmonies were incredible. You did a really nice job with it.” Randy Yo Dawg: “I love you both dearly, I thought that was ok for me.” Randy thinks they did equally well. Jenny from the Block says she doesn’t know either.
Hollie is going to sing Pink. She’s done. She lives in McKinney, TX. But she’s originally from England? Maybe? I still can’t figure that out. She’s singing “Perfect” by Pink. She’s going to have trouble with this if she can’t figure out how to say the word “Perfect.” This isn’t too terrible, actually. Jenny from the Block: “You look beautiful. I know you want to be perfect, you sang beautifully, you should be proud of yourself. I’m rooting for you.” Steven Tyler: “It’s not about being perfect, it wasn’t perfect for me, but you look good.” Randy Yo Dawg: “Uhhhhhhh……that was awkward……and now it’s more awkward…..it was stronger than last week. But I didn’t feel the feeling.” She’s done. Or at least she should be.
Phillip lives in Leesburg, GA. People are trying to buy his truck, his guitar, and a giant turkey from the pawn shop. He’s singing “Get a Little More” by Maroon 5. Paul called that Phillip would sing Maroon 5. I love this. As per usual. Steven Tyler: “The more you get serious with yourself the more you sing the melody and you look less like the Phillip Phillips we started with. You are like Steve McQueen/Johnny Cash and I love that.” Me: “Both of those people are awesome. So I concur.” Jenny from the Block: “I agree, it’s like Steve McQueen and Johnny Cash had a baby and that’s you.” Me: “Except not. Because Steve McQueen and Johnny Cash are not gay. Or female. So….” Jenny also said it was underwhelming. But she’s an idiot. Randy Yo Dawg: “I agree with Jennifer.” Randy is an idiot too.
Hollie, Jessica and Joshua are singing “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson. I adore this song. I love the car commercial this song is on. This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pLZiWVA2k. That was not as good as it should have been. I totally get the whole “Hollie you’re thinking too much” thing. Joshua was by far the best of the three.
Elise is dead to me. She’s doing Gaga. Or Cher. They’re actually the same person.
Elise loves Marshall from How I Met Your Mother.  That show is great, even if it does have a laugh track. Marshall loves her too, apparently. She lives in Kinnelon, NJ. Her friend made a tutorial about how to vote for her. She’s singing “You and I” by Gag. And yes, I know I missed an “a” on purpose. Jimmy and Akon say she needs to kill it. This is far superior to the original. Of course, I’m pretty sure that I would enjoy DeAndre’s performance of this song more than I enjoy Gaga’s. Well, actually, that may be a little far-fetched. That was pretty good. There were some trouble spots, but overall it was solid. Randy Yo Dawg: “Yo. Yo. America, Elise is back! That was the perfect song for you, you needed a moment, you got one tonight. Very dope vocals.” Jenny from the Block: “You did exactly what you wanted to do. You let go, but kept control at the same time, there’s nobody that can sing like you.” Steven Tyler: “You took a song that is simple and turned it into genius.” I feel like Elise might be a little crazy. Like, truly crazy.
Bottom three should be: Hollie, Colton, Bebica
Going home: Hollie
I can also see Elise going home, though.
Here we go:
James Durbin is here. I’m so happy. Can’t you tell from my tone of blog?
Also Jennifer Hudson. I do enjoy her.
That group performance was strange. Phillip stroking Colton’s hair was hilarious though.
I don’t care enough about the Ford commercial to rewind. Oh well.
Ok, this is stupid. Colton got invited to Prom by Katy in Wichita. Hollie got invited to Spring Formal by some dude. And Elise is giving out feather jewelry that was created by plucking poor helpless birds in South Carolina, from what I’ve gathered.
Hollie and Jessica are up.
Jimmy says Hollie and Jessica are both very good technical singers, but Hollie was contrived and stiff.
Oh we’re doing the stupid two groups thing. Dumb.
There is a new MIB movie coming out. That’s delightful.
James Durbin is singing a song called “Higher than Heaven.” This does not bode well. I’m going to take care of some business that is much more important than this. Oh good, I made it back in time to hear him scream…twice. He finally got married to the mother of his child. He starts touring at the Viper Room tonight. I’ve been there. It’s a nice, SMALL venue. So that’s quite the successful venue…
My husband loves Glee just because of Britney S Pierce.
Phillip and Elise. Elise goes with Hollie, Phillip goes with Bebica.
Jimmy says Elise and Philip are character singers and they have soul. Jimmy thinks Philip is in the bottom three. He also thinks Elise is in the bottom three. Elise is with Bebica, Phillip is with Hollie. This is not turning out well.
Jennifer Hudson is a true American Idol talent. I love her. That was really good.
Joshua and Colton are up. Joshua goes with Elise and Bebica. Colton goes with Hollie and Phillip.
Jimmy says Colton and Joshua were both amazing. This is true.
I am correct.
Jimmy says Skylar could get left behind but she’s a singer/songwriter and a technical singer and she should not be in the bottom three. Jimmy also thinks the bottom three should be Phillip, Elise, and Hollie.
The bottom three are Joshua, Elise, and Jessica. Holy. Cow. The save will probably be used tonight.
Steven says it will be used.
Joshua is safe.
Jessica is “at risk” but everybody knows they will save her. And they did.
She keeps saying she’s been working hard her whole life. She’s 17. She’s not even an adult.
Anyway, the save is out of the way. It worries me that Joshua was in the bottom three.
Upon review of this blog, I feel that I am obligated to say that Paul called that Jessica would be the one going home. He wanted to make sure all 2 of you knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment