Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hollywood *BARF* Week

Apparently this is the most intense Hollywood Week ever. Which is strange because they said that last year too. But there's ambulances, vomit, and fainting (oh my!) involved so they could be right this time.

309 people are coming to Hollywood Week. Everyone is excited to be in California.

Steven Tyler is like a hybrid of Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss. Which is a little disturbing.

Johnny Keyser is up in the first group of Hollywood week people. The Asian Guy is also up. Johnny will stay. I'm ambivalent about Asian guy. Johnny sings "Dreamin'" and it's good. He has nice control and nice range. Randy thinks he's in church. It's pretty obvious that Johnny is staying. The Asian Guy has ZERO confidence in himself. So he's not going to do well. His name is Heejun not Asian Guy. He's singing "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You." OH yeah, I remember this guy. I like him. I would like him to stay. Ryan is cryptically whispering and telling us that 1/2 of the contestants will be going home today.

Johnny, Heejun, and 2 girls are in. Everyone else is out.

Elise is up. I don't know if I remember her. Vaguely. Baylie Brown from the restaurant in Texas is up. She should stay. Steven appears to agree. Halle Day (still don't believe that's her real name) is up. She is very forced. I don't enjoy her. She's singing "Natural Woman." Elise, Baylie, and Halle are all in. With other people that don't matter.

Jen Hirsh is up. I think I remember her too. But I'm not 100%. No. I don't. But I like her a lot. Lauren Gray got so caught up in her song that she didn't want to stop. Jen and Lauren are both in.

A bunch of girls totally crashed and burned. Maybe you should put people through on their VOICES not how they LOOK (this is directed primarily at Randy Yo Dawg and Steven Tyler. And Nigel Lythgoe because we all know he has a say in these matters as well).

Steven is giving a pep talk.

Phil Philips (pawn store guy) is up. I think he'll make it. Uh-oh. He's turned into Paul McDonald. Reed Grimm is up. I also remember him. He does some scatting and it's a'ight for me for you. The judges (Jenny in particular) do not seem amused. Travis Orlando (from last season) is up also. He has vastly improved, at least from what I remember of him last season. Philip and Reed are in. Travis is out. Again. Wow. I would have kept him. That's really unfortunate.

Ramiro is out (the worship leader). Wolf is out (the guy that looks like Zac Brown). Jenny Schick (the girl that kissed Steven Tyler on the mouth) is out.

Day 2 of Hollywood Week.

Adam Brock is someone that they did not show us his original audition. Because I would remember him. He's great. He kind of reminds me of Danny Gokey. Jane Carrey is up. Jim Carrey's kid. She's singing "Lookin' Out My Back Door." I liked it. So did Paul. I want her to go through. WHAT? That's LAME. Adam is through, which I enjoy. But Jane should have made it. Jim Carrey tells her he got rejected a lot and it worked out well for him. Alllllllllrighty then....get it?

Some people don't know what no means. It's ridiculous.

Astro is up. Oh, wait, I mean David Leathers who is "17." Shannon is also in this group. I love her....oh wait...she's singing "Fallin'" Ohhhhhhhverdone. David is singing now. He's singing "Because You Love Me." By Celine Dion. He's a boy. Celine is a woman. A) This kid is not 17. B) He sounds just like Michael Jackson. Jessica Philips is up. I liked her in her audition. I like her a lot. I got chills twice. She needs to stay in. Shannon, David, and Jessica are all in.

The NBA cheerleader is in. I'm sure she has a whole lot of vocal talent.

Erika Van Pelt! I liked her. I forgot about some of these people. Mommy brain has taken over. Creighton Fraker, this guy creeps me out. He looks like he should be a villain in a Spiderman movie. Aaron Marcellus, I do not remember him. And I'm ok with that. I find him over the top. All three are in.

Lauren Mink is the director for a program for adults with disabilities. So I'm a fan. She changed keys in the middle of her song. Jeremy Risotto is singing "Superstar." Which is by Luther Vandross. Which I learned yesterday from American Idol. See? Educational. This guy is a little bit annoying.

Simone is from Rancho Cucamonga. Holla! Her Dad is a stage Dad. She has a lovely voice. ANNNNND she fell off the stage. Oh no! To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment