Thursday, February 23, 2012

So I Skipped a Week...

I watched the actual group performances and the 50's week performances tonight. I was meh about most of them. There were a couple that stood out, but I was distracted by my crying child/other things.

I will say that I don't like Brielle (girl with the over-involved Mom).

Oh, and Jessica (the girl who's boyfriend had a stroke)should have stayed in longer. That was ridiculous.

Anyway, here we are at Final 24 cut time.

The judges appear to be sitting in a pool of water. It's like in Harry Potter when Dumbledore has to drink the stuff from the shell and those terrible monsters come up out of the water. I can't remember what it's called.

Jen Hirsch- the girl from The Lady and the Spectacles. I like her. She is very soulful and I enjoy her completely. She also sang "Georgia" in her solo round. And she got a standing ovation. Anyway, she should be in. Jenny from the Block looks like a mermaid. Jen Hirsch is in. I'm a fan.

Creighton Fraker is next. He was in Jen Hirsch's group. He's the one that said he was a starving artist from New York. He has grown on me. I think he's probably in. I'm right. Apparently he was adopted and discovered that his birth Dad was in an 80's rock band.

Lauren Gray is up next. I love her and I think she should make it. She plays in the bar with her Dad. WHAT. She did not make it. Tragic. She was great.

Joshua Ledet (black guy who I had never seen before group week, preacher's kid). Goodness, there appears to be a pirate ship behind him while he sings his final song. I like his voice a LOT. I want him to make it. You know what I hate? I hate when Randy Jackson, or any of the judges for that matter, go on and on about how hard this week is and they hate to say goodbye to so many great people. Just hush. Joshua made it. HAHA! He straight up busted into some gospel praise music! Awesome!

And here come the rejects.

Haley Johnson is mediocre at best. I don't have anything distinguishing to say about her. She's blonde. Oh, wait, she was in the group that did "The Night has a Thousand Eyes" in the Vegas performance challenge. The one that sang the last riff. I don't know, I don't think she's any better than any of the other contestants. She made it.

Nico (the kid with the jerrycurl) is out. I'm fine with that.

Elise Testone (another blonde with a really soulful, great voice) is in. I'm fine with that as well.

Reed Grimm (the guy who played drums and sang) is in. I'm 100% fine and TOTALLY for that.

Erika Van Pelt, the blonde girl with the red in her hair. Really soulful voice. I like her and I want her to make it. Apparently she had a rough time with her final song yesterday. Erika is through. Yay.

Chelsea is another contestant that I don't remember ever seeing. She missed lyrics. She should be out. But she's not out, which is tragic. She's cute and has bouncy hair, but I don't know if her voice is actually worth a spot in the top 24.

Bailey Brown is awesome. I like her a lot. I think she has a really good shot. But she decided to sing a goodbye song as her final song. So odds are she's done. What a waste. Hey! She made it! Hooray!

Richie the Cowboy is up. I really hope he goes away. He sang "Ring of Fire" as his final song. Please go away. Please. I can't take it if another talentless kid in a cowboy hat wins American Idol. I'm lookin' at you Scotty. Hallelujah. The cowboy kid is done.

Heejun and Jermaine (the dude he sang a duet with) were very happy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This just happened.

Ryan: Heejun you said you're sweating.

Heejun: Yeah.

Ryan: What are you sweating?

Heejun:.... Mostly water.

Ryan: I mean about the competition.

Heejun: Oh, oh yeah....of course.

That was priceless. I'm hoping Heejun was just being funny. I think he was. My question is, why is he sweating MOSTLY water? Is he also sweating some other substance? Yikes.

Heejun should make it. He does.

Jessica Sanchez. I had never seen her before Vegas. She sang "Natural Woman" in San Diego apparently. And she sang with the guy with the reallllllly long blonde curly hair. She kind of reminds me of the little Asian girl from last season that I just loved (sarcasm). Tia? Was that her name? I don't know. But Jessica bores me. And Jessica's should never be boring. She's through.

Phil Phillips (the pawn guy). I love him. He's a really amazing musician. Kind of like Reed Grimm. But slightly less crazy. And Phil is very laid back, which I enjoy. I want him to make it, obviously. He did. I win.

Colton Dixon (the kid who's sister didn't make it with him). By the way, I don't buy that he was "not going to audition." He seems to be just fine being on the show now. He's a little over the top for me for you. I have a bad feeling about him. Like he's going to annoy me. Greatly.This is where Colton was kicked off last year. He made it this time. My bad feeling has gotten worse already.

Brielle and her Mom need to get gone. Brielle reminds me of Hayley from last season. And we all know how I felt about her and her poo squat. She's through. Oh good.

Adam Brock (the dude with the little baby girl). He should make it. But I won't know whether he does or not until I watch the next episode. Which I will not be doing this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment