Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cribs: X Factor Edition Part Dos

The rest of the acts are going to sing for a spot in the live shows. It promises to be very dramatic. Much like the theme music for The X Factor. What with all the planets exploding and everything...

I swear if Steve JonesnotJobs tells me the categories again I might lose my mind. He also reminds us of who the mentors are.

Jazzlyn is up. She was "shy" before. I say it was an act. She forgot her lyrics during the ensemble round. She's very dramatic. I like her voice but the whole "I'm so scared/nervous/my throat is going to close" bit is getting a little old. She's singing "I Will Survive" but she/Simon/the vocal coach? has TOTALLY changed the melody. It's strange. I don't know if I enjoy it or not. I mean I like her voice, but that arrangement was weird. One of the vocal coaches who is "helping" Simon says she's a little high school talent show. Ouchhhh.

Brennin Cullen, I mean Hunt, is up next. I swear he thinks he's a vampire. He thinks he's old. He's 26. Pshh. He's a young'un. Sidebar: why do people that are younger than me always seem older than me, to me? He's singing a Corinne Bailey Rae song. He's just so smarmy and greasy, I don't like it. And his voice is just a'ight for me for you. At least not in comparison to the other males in this competition. Rihanna thinks he's beautiful but corny. Her quote was "He gives me 90s boy band." Rihanna just gained like 400 points.

Seriously. Steve. We get it. We know where everyone is at this point.

StereoHoggz are up. They are BFFs, fo real yo. They don't have trees where they live. I don't know where they live. They're singing "I Heard it through the Grapevine." They are also dancing. Pharell looks like he's about to cry. I actually don't hate this. However, I'm confused. There was one guy that was dancing and singing but not putting his mike to his mouth. Does he not understand how they work?

Burrito Guy!!!! His name is Josh. And he is awesome. He's going to sing. If he doesn't make it, I don't know what Nicole is smoking. *screeching tires* He has a 13 year old kid? How old IS this dude??? It says he's 30. So he had her when he was 17. Well, he didn't have her, but, you know what I mean. He's singing "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." Nicole is very emotional when she judges. Like, moreso than Paula. Which is saying a LOT! Based solely on this performance, he should DEFINITELY go through. They applauded him! Nicole and Enrique applauded! I don't think they've done that for anyone else so far.

A group I don't remember is up. Paula is making them sing Bohemian Rhapsody. I heart Paula. 2 Squar'd is their name. They are slightly sharp in their pitch. Pharell looks like he might cry again. The girl that sang lead (the one with the red hair) is terrible. She should not sing lead. She should not sing at all.

Tim Cifers is up. He's a good ol' boy, wanting to sing some good ol' country. He misses his kids. He's singing "Dance with my Father." He has a nice country voice. It's nothing to get up and shout about, but it's good. L.A. wanted more. I can see that.

Rachel Crowe. I heartheartheart her. She's so sweet. She says whatever happens, it will be epic. I agree. She is totally singing "I Want it that Way." Like, by the Backstreet Boys. Ohhhhhhh......that high note!! She has a seriously incredible voice for 14 years old. I said it once and I shall now say it again, "I WANT HER TO WIN." Simon lurved it. But he's concerned she can't handle the pressure. I say he's wrong. She's like Taylor Swift, in that she has an old soul and she is in love with doing what she loves, which just happens to be something she does incredibly well.

Leroy Bell is 59, he's old, and he won't give up. I love him too. He is singing "To Make You Feel My Love." I'm impressed with myself at how quickly I recognize these songs. *Pats self on back.* His voice is like butter. Nicole's emoting is a little distracting, really. And possibly unnecessary. Enrique clapped awkwardly. That was strange. Nicole thinks he's too nervous.

Some group called Illusion Confusion. In case you can't tell, I don't really care about any of the groups. They are singing "Let's Dance." And once again, I'm confused. The first few notes were sung on the track and the boys were not singing. So are the group tracks actually karaoke tracks with extra vocals added? Cause that's silly.

Tiger Budbill is 42 and is a DJ. He has no money. So this would help. I've never heard this song. But he's killing it. He has a sweet voice. Dude. Nailed it. They're applauding! He should make it. Nicole is worried that people wouldn't buy his records. Enrique thinks there should be no rules. Enrique is silly.

Marcus Canty is up. He is flirting with Rihanna. It's working. It also helps that he has lovely voice. He is singing "All My Life." Which may or may not be a Backstreet Boys/NSync song. I don't want to talk about why I know that. Rihanna said she felt like a fan.

Tiah Tolliver is up. She's being a diva. About the wind. Ugh. She's slightly under pitch in spots. Also, she's going to break her neck with all that head jerking around. But Simon is applauding? I'm confused by her. I mean, I think she can be a decent performer, her voice is acceptable, but overall, she just strikes me as blech.

Christa Collins is up next. I never saw her perform before bootcamp. She supposedly was a Disney star. She claims she was the prototype for what became Britney and Cristina. Spears and Aguilera, that is. I don't know if I would brag about that. Just sayin'. She sang a very dramatic song. She was very Broadway about it. Enrique was making eyes at her, as an 80 year old would say.

The other mutt group is going to sing. I don't even know who is in this group. They're called Intensity. They have never sung together before. Yes, we know.
I can't decide if this makes me feel like I have ADD or if I just really enjoy it. They were definitely better than the other mutt group. And the other mutt group "practiced." Pharell thinks they were like a cookie. With star morsels inside. now I want cookies.

Chris Rene is up next. I hope he does well. I find his back story awesome. He had some struggles, he went to rehab, he got help, and now he's here. Stories like that melt my heart. He's doing well! I have no idea what song he's singing, but he's doing it well! He had a little bit of singing, and a little bit of rapping, it was good! L.A. Reid says he thinks Rihanna intimidated him. But they both agree that he has something special. I hope he makes it to live shows.

Melanie (mah gurl) is up next. I hearrrrrrrt her. She wants to do this because she wants to make her family proud. She's singing the "Free Willy" song! I can't think of the name. Her voice is just silky and gorgeous. That's the second performance of hers that has given me chills. Twice. Simon has almost gotten off the couch. He sat up in his seat. I say it counts. And now he's swooned after she left. Wait. What? I don't understand. Does he like her? Does he not? He keeps saying something about a look and she was in her comfort zone the whole time. She better stay.

Yo, they really need to quit changing up the schedule on me. I'm getting confuzzled!

The judges are deliberating....

This is intense...

Simon is getting rid of someone everyone thought would get a yes. It's either Melanie or Rachel. Either way, I'm not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment